Abeliophyllum distichum Roseum
A fine and choice plant known as the White Forsythia, Roseum is a pink flowering variety which creates an open, branching bush with narrow stems and attractive long leaves. In autumn the foliage takes on a purple tinge and in winter the shrub produces wonderful flowers with a subtle fragrance. The buds are a dark red colour and open up to clusters of pale pink flowers, hanging from the bare stems.
For best flowering, grow in a sunny spot against a warm wall, tolerates most well drained soils.
- Height: Easily maintained to 90cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 90cm
- Foliage Colour: Dark green during the spring and summer with a purple tinge in the autumn
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Flowering Season: Spring
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Semi shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Shrub
Deciduous, fully hardy shrub.
Supplied in a 2 Litre pot.