Lonicera nitida Baggesen's Gold
(Lonicera ligustrina var. yunnanensis)
Much used for hedging. Grows to around 2m with a spread of 1m but can be kept to any size and grown as a shrub or used as a hedge.
The foliage has attractive golden leaves with a purple stem. Prune regularly to maintain the shape.
- Height: Easily maintained to 2m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 60cm
- Foliage Colour: Golden Yellow to Yellow-green
- Flower Colour: Cream
- Flowering Season: Spring
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Semi Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Shrub
Semi-evergreen hardy shrub
Grown in a 2 Litre pot ready for planting