Abelia x grandiflora
Abelia grandiflora is a wonderful semi-evergreen shrub with glossy, dark green foliage which turns a dark reddish colour in autumn and scented pink & white flowers in late Summer.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1.5m, if left 2-3m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1.5m, if left 2-3m
- Foliage Colour: Dark green with red tips in autumn
- Flower Colour: Pink buds and white flowers
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Semi Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H5 (-10 to -15)
- Type: Semi Evergreen
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.
Hardy and evergreen but in extreme temperatures it can loose it leaves and behave more like a deciduous shrub, especially in cold winds.
A proven garden plant and a useful introduction. Works best from full sun to semi-shade and will tolerate most soils.