Aquilegia vulgaris Golden Guiness
A lovely variety of Columbine which has been bred with A. Woodside Gold to produce this variety Golden Guinness, it has golden leaves and a similar flower to that of William Guiness.
Produces a nice mound of attractive golden foliage, in spring tall flower spikes are produced with deep maroon buds opening to wonderful hanging flowers with maroon petals showing off a white center.
Produces masses of flowers early in the season and prolongs interest with the golden foliage.
- Height: Easily maintained to 75cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm
- Foliage Colour: Yellow fading to green and attractive when young
- Flower Colour: Dark Purple with White centers to the flowers
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Partial Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Supplied in either a 0.5 litre pot or 1.5 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.
Very useful for most areas and will tolerate full sun through to semi shade.