Aquilegia vulgaris var. stellata Black Barlow (Granny's Bonnet/Columbine)
This variety of Columbine is a tried and tested garden favourite which is known for its deep purple, double flowers.
Produces a nice mound of green foliage and in spring tall flower spikes to around 90cm are produced with the deep purple flowers hanging down.
- Height: Easily maintained to 75cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm
- Foliage Colour: Pale Green and attractive when young
- Flower Colour: Dark Purple flowers
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Partial Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Good for giving a cottage garden feel to the border.
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.
Very useful for most areas and will tolerate full sun through to semi shade.