Aster × frikartii
'Wunder von Stäfa'
Aster x frikartii is a cross between Aster amellus x Aster thomsonii and was originally raised in the 1920's by Frikart in Switzerland.
Aster Wunder von Stäfa has a very long flowering period, up to twice as long as the A. amellus varieties and is far more robust and reliable. It produces upright and freely branching producing masses of large daisy type flowers with finely cut petals and have a wonderful lavender blue colour and are produced from July-October.
Best in full sun and a well draining soil.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1m
- Foliage Colour: Dark green
- Flower Colour: Lavender blue
- Flowering Season: Summer to autumn
- Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, clay
- Position: Full Sun
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.