A wonderful addition to the mixed border, this is a tall flowering plant and works fantastically at the back of the border, graceful flower stems are produced in June with many flowers topping the stems with primrose yellow, pin cushion like flowers. The flowering stems are freely branching, giving a nice effect and masses of flowers to a height of around 2m.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1.5m, flowering 2.5m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1m
- Foliage Colour: Attractive large green, lobed, divided leaves creating a large clump
- Flower Colour: Pale yellow flowers 5-6cm across
- Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, clay, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Partial shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-20>)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
- Aspect: Not fussy, performs well in most areas of the garden
Similar flowers to that of Scabious but with a much larger habit, growing to 2m tall with a spread of 1m.
Graham Stuart Thomas - "A splendid garden plant where room can be found for it. The pale yellow of this plant is all too rare among hardy plants."