(shaggy shield fern)
This semi-evergreen fern is easy to care for and provides all year interest, making it ideal for novice gardeners or those looking for a low-maintenance planting.
Dryopteris atrata is best grown in shady gardens, as part of a well-drained border or in a container.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1m
- Foliage Colour: Bright green lance shaped fronds
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk, clay
- Position: Full Shade - Semi Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H4 (-10 and below)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Grown in a 2 Litre Pot