- Height: Easily maintained to 80cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm
- Foliage Colour: Mid-green
- Flower Colour: Blue Violet flowers with white centers
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, clay, chalk
- Position: Full Sun to partial shade
- Hardiness: Hardy, H7 (-15 and lower)
- Type: Herbaceous perennial
Geranium refers to two types of plants in general gardening, Greenhouse Geraniums (officially Pelargoniums) and hardy perennial Geraniums also known as the Crane's Bill. Here we are dealing with the hardy perennial Geraniums, these plants are generally easy to grow and a great addition to any garden border. The Genus is huge and ranges from small alpines to large perennials.
Generally, these plants are happy in most conditions apart from very wet and boggy, they will
tolerate full sun through to semi-shade and mainly flower from spring to late summer. Their primary growth habit is low making
them ideal for ground cover and work well at the front of the border.
For vigorous varieties trim back after first flowering to encourage regrowth and a second flowering, once they die back in winter a good mulch will give the plant all it needs to shoot away in the