A nice variety of Hydrangea and this one is a lace cap, named for their large, flat flower heads. King George is a red variety but the colour is dependent on the acidity of the soil, the lower p.h. (more acid) the redder it will be.
Growth begins quickly at the beginning of the seasons and the plant puts on plenty of luscious bright green leaves, the flowers are then produced through summer.
The flower heads can be left over winter to add interest or trimmed back to tidy up the shrub.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1.5m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1m
- Foliage Colour: Bright Green
- Flower Colour: Red or Pink flowers
Soil Type: Well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Partial Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H5 (-10)
- Type: Deciduous Shrub
In autumn the foliage has good colour and ranges through, yellow, orange and red.
Medium growing, hardy, deciduous shrub, growing to around 1.5M over 10 years
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.