Kale Purple Tree Collard
(Brassica oleracea, Tree kale, Hungry gap kale)
A perennial form of this well known plant usually found in the vegetable garden! This variety is one of the 'old' ones brought back into cultivation recently and much sought after for it's reliable growing and taste. The plant has a bushy, upright habit with slightly ruffled leaf edges and purple veins and stems.
Please see photo showing how we dispatch the plants, we remove many of the leaves before packing to reduce the chance of damage in transit and to limit any pests that may be lurking on the leaves, we try to use biological controls on these plants so there is a chance of holes in leaves etc. The plant will produce new leaves rapidly on arrival.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1.5m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 75cm
- Foliage Colour: Purple-green
- Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Semi Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H3 (-6)
- Type: Evergreen
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 1 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.