Kale Taunton Deane
(Brassica oleracea, Cottager's Kale, Hungry gap kale)
A perennial form of this well known plant usually found in the vegetable garden! This variety is one of the 'old' ones brought back into cultivation recently and much sought after for it's reliable growing and taste. The plant has a bushy habit with slightly ruffled leaf edges and purple veins and stems.
- Height: Easily maintained to 1m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1m
- Foliage Colour: Grey/green with purple veining
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun - Semi Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Evergreen
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 1 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.