Nepeta racemosa Amelia
A nice variety of cat mint with a low growing habit and scented, pale green leaves.
Flower spikes are produced in early summer to 60cm with lovely pale pink flowers, these are very attractive to insects and bees and make a great addition to the garden.
- Height: Easily maintained to 60cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm by regular pruning after flowering
- Foliage Colour: Pale Green/grey, scented and attractive
- Flower Colour: Pale Pink flowers
Soil Type: Well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-15 and below)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Hardy, evergreen perennial.
Supplied in either a 0.5 Litre pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.
Nepeta are commonly known as Catmint and are well loved by most cats and most humans too for attractive foliage scent, easiness to grow and fabulous flowering. Ranging from pale purples, through to blue, white and pink they offer a fantastic splash of colour to the front of a border and are fantastic for pollinators.
Grow them in well drained soil, in full sun and trim back regularly to encourage new growth and repeat flowering.