(Papaver orientale 'Patty's Plum'
Papaver orientale 'Mrs Marrow's Plum')
Ornamental Poppy, a very nice plant for the garden making a nice clump of ruffled foliage, with a hairy and coarse texture, attractive for the bright green colour and deeply divided leaves.
Flower spikes to 80cm are produced in late spring carrying large, solid flower buds unveiling to show off the wonderful, ruffled, dusky purple flowers, the petals have a tissue paper look to the petals which start off light purple at the edges running down to an almost black in the center of the flower.
- Height: Easily maintained to 50cm, flowering 90cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm
- Foliage Colour: Attractive large bright green, divided leaves
- Flower Colour: Purple with a black center, flowers 12cm across
- Soil Type: Well drained, sandy, loam, clay, chalk
- Position: Full Sun
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H7 (-20>)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
- Aspect: Warm, sheltered spot
A spectacular hybrid and truly worthy of a place in the garden.