(Bronze Flamingo, Sage Leaf Mullein)
Phlomis tuberosa is a drought tolerant, herbaceous perennial with a slow, creeping root stock which produces tubers at the bottom of it's root. Arrow shaped, green leaves with serrated edges running to a point form a nice clump of foliage from which tall, upright flower spikes are produced, these are topped with whorls of purple-pink flowers.
Leave the flower heads for winter interest and a source of shelter for insects, the flowers are very attractive to pollinators and insects.
- Height: Easily maintained to 50cm, flowering to 1.5m
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm
- Foliage Colour: Green-grey leaves
- Flower Colour: Pink/Rose
Soil Type: Well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H5 (Down to-15)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.