Rough Feather Grass, this is a deciduous grass, with a perennial habit and very fine, narrow green leaves making a nice tuft.
Flowers are produced in summer and form on the end of arching flower spikes, the flowers are nice sized, feathery panicles that start pale green in summer and turn to an attractive buff colour into autumn and remain into winter adding visual interest.
- Height: Flowering to 90cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 50cm
- Foliage Colour: Narrow blade like, dark green leaves
- Flower Colour: Pale green spikes fading to beige
Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk
- Position: Full Sun
- Hardiness: Hardy H4 (down to -10)
- Type: Deciduous, perennial grass with winter colour from old foliage and flowers
Prune the foliage back hard to the ground in early spring to allow new growth to show.
Hardy, deciduous, perennial grass