Vinca minor Bowles Variety
A fantastic ground cover plant that grows well in shade, this variety has dark green evergreen leaves and vibrant purple-blue flowers in early spring through to autumn.
- Height: Easily maintained to 30cm
- Spread: Easily maintained to 1.5m
- Foliage Colour: Dark green
- Flower Colour: Purple-blue
- Flowering Season: Spring to autumn
- Soil Type: Moist, well drained, sandy, loam, chalk, clay
- Position: Full Sun - Full Shade
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy once established, H6 (-15 and below)
- Type: Herbaceous Perennial/Shrub
Supplied in either a 9cm pot or 2 Litre pot, please select from the drop down menu when ordering.
Vinca (Periwinkle) are great plants to use all over the garden whether its full shade, woodland, front of border or an exposed bank they will put on a great show of flowers from November right through until April. They are mostly evergreen and have a creeping habit, they are great for ground cover. Some varieties can be a little invasive like Vinca major, others are less so. Vinca minor has much smaller leaves and can be cut back from areas that you want to keep free. Vinca difformis is somewhere in between V.major and V. minor.